Thursday, May 7, 2009

What kind of visa is there for me to be able to work in Germany


What kind of visa is there for me to be able to work in Germany?
My bf is German but we don't want to marry yet. Is there such a visa like a partner visa that can allow me to live and work in Germany? I've been living with my partner for 3 years continuously. I'm Mexican.
Other - Germany - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am an American who was able to live and work in Germany for 9 months in 1996. You probably need something called an Arbeitserlaubnis, a work permit. In order to get that, you may need a company to sponsor you. To live in Germany you will probably also need an Aufenthaltserlaubnis, which is a stamp that goes inside your passport. You will probably not be allowed to get an Arbeitserlaubnis without an Aufenthaltserlaubnis. I don't know about any partner visas.
2 :
Unless you are not a high skilled IT professional ( blue card candidate ) the chances are likely to be zero. Germany is not a country you can immigrate to easily. It is also necessary that you are fluent in German to land a job you can live from without depending on social welfare. Even if you apparently do not like the idea - best bet is marry your hubby and enter the labor market like that.
3 :
As a Mexican citizen you can not immigrate to Germany unless you will indeed marry your German bf. There will be no other way to get residence permit and work visa. Sorry to disappoint you.