Sunday, October 14, 2012

Will my blackberry work in Germany


Will my blackberry work in Germany?
ok so I have a blackberry curve 8900 with rogers.i have a voice and data plan and stuff. I live in hamilton ontario canada and im going to germany for a week. i want to know if my blackberry curve 8900 with work in Germany so i can stay in touch with my friends.and if it does work how much more will it cost me? thanks all answers are appriciated!!
PDAs & Handhelds - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Germany, like the rest of Europe, uses different mobile frequencies from the Americas, but according to http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/rim-blackberry-curve-8900/4505-6452_7-33485567.html your Blackberry is quad-band, so you will be OK. It will be very expensive for you to use your Canadian SIM card for calls in Germany, as you have to pay charges on received calls as well as the calls you make yourself. Many people buy a local pay-as-you-go SIM card in the country in which they are travelling, and give that number out to their friends, but for this to work your phone must not be locked to Rogers.