Sunday, April 1, 2012

how will my att phone/service work in germany? in the army and about to be stationed there


how will my att phone/service work in germany? in the army and about to be stationed there.?

Other - Germany - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
About the only ATT thing I have seen here in Germany is the calling cards and they are not that inexpensive. For a cell telephone, they are inexpensive to purchase, you can pick one up at the PX for $22. For calling the states, you may be best to get one of the units that plug into the computer that gives you a stateside number. I have heard that Vonage is good and Magic Jack is supposed to have a good deal but I have not heard how good it is. For the normal telephone and internet I have tried a few and have been satisfied with 1&1 flat rate for the past couple of years. I would not recommend either Freenet or the normal Telekom. When you get here, you will need to look over the various systems but as stated above, ATT you can basically forget about. Edit: with a cell phone it will depend on the phone itself. Here you can get them with 2-3-4 bands to be able to use them in other countries but for the most part the differance in calling charges make it more logical just to buy one here, either an inexpensive one with a prepaid calling card or a contract. It is all a matter of personal preferance.