Tuesday, April 21, 2009

can students in germany work freelance


can students in germany work freelance?
I am in Germany with student visa, I am allowed 90 days per Year to work. I got an offer to do a one time translation and I need to make an invoiceAm I looking for trouble? part of my question is... will I get into trouble by issuing an invoce while I have a student visa ( I am from Venezuela) ? thanks for the help
Germany - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
working as a freelancer should be possible. when writing an invoice you should provide following data: Your name + address the address of your customer / client the invoice date (when your Invoice will be sent) an invoice number (it has to be consecutively numbered: like 0601, 0602, 0603 or simply 0001, 0002) a short description of your work data like working hours or a list of your expenses or other fees. an invoice amount / the total your account number and bank code and one important feature if you want to go for sure or your customer asks for it: (an individual) TAX NUMBER If you won't earn more than around รข‚¬ 16,000 a year you don't need to take VAT / "Umsatzsteuer" (16%) Some customers want / need your TAX NUMBER on the invoice and some don't. Ask your customer first. Sounds complicated but you can always use the same structure. GOOD LUCK!