Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What kind of converter do I need in order for my US Wii to work in Germany


What kind of converter do I need in order for my US Wii to work in Germany?
I just bought a Wii from the states and moved to Germany for work. I used a converter and it sparked so I quickly pulled it out. The AC adapter to the Wii looked like it got fried a little. I don't know if the Wii got messed up too. What do you think? It wasn't on... I was wondering what I need other then the converter that I bought, I guess I got the wrong one. Can anyone tell me the exact one to buy? Much Mahalo!!!
Nintendo Wii - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You need a power supply that can work with 220 V alternating current at 50 Hz. The plug should either be a "Schuko" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuko ) or a "Europlug" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug ). There are convenient travel adapters that can change the shape of the physical plug, but you need to make sure that your power supply can deal with 220 V AC/50 Hz. American electricity is about 110 V AC at 60 Hz.