Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How does public transportation work in Berlin Germany


How does public transportation work in Berlin Germany?
My knowledge of the German language is very limited. Will I be able find my way around using the subway system? Are things in English over there?
Other - Germany - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No the language is German over here but you will get around easily I add you a link of the public transport from Berlin they do have a site in English
2 :
The public transportion is divided into three zones: A, B, and C A and B are Berlin (the town itself) and C includes the surroundings. A standard ticket is valid for two hours within zone A+B, B+C, or A+B+C. You can take any public transport within the valid time: bus, underground (U-Bahn), tram, S-Bahn. For tourists however there are special tickets valid for several days and including reduction on entrance fees for popular sights etc. Since the soccer worldcup in 2006 the foreign language support in public transport has improved much. So you won't get problems when using English. Of course, street names etc will be im German.
3 :
I have been to Germany 3 times, each time I stayed about 3 months. My German is VERY limited. But I am able to use the bus system; I even took the train a few times. And I did use the subway and bus in Berlin, it is not that bad. I got lost once, but it worked out and I am okay. My best advice is try as best as you can to do everything in German, when this doesn't work just ask if somebody can speak English, most younger people can and they are always so friendly and kind if you are kind to them. DonĂ¢€™t be afraid to try and speak to them in German, and donĂ¢€™t be afraid to ask them if they speak English and if they can help you. You might meet some really nice people! And don't worry if you get lost, you can always find your way again.