Thursday, June 21, 2012

Im 19 and I live in the USA, and I want to move to Germany and work at a grocery store. Do I need a work visa


Im 19 and I live in the USA, and I want to move to Germany and work at a grocery store. Do I need a work visa?
All I could find in my research was about skilled workers, but since all I want to do is work at a minimum wage job, I would assume the same rules don't apply.
Immigration - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you are an american I don't you need a visa for germany just your passport. If you want a job visa first they have to make u an offer.
2 :
You will probably need a residence and work permit. Give your German embassy a call they will be able to advise you what you need and send you any forms required.
3 :
I'm sure if you just want to work at a grocery store they probably wouldn't need to see a work visa. Maybe a passport or something but probably not a work visa. I'm not entirely sure, however, as I have not heard of many people who would move to a new country to work in a grocery store of all places.
4 :
lynn is right that you don't need a visa - as a tourist! You need one to be able to work there and can apply for it before you go to Germany or after arriving there. You need to have a job offer first as a letter from your future employer has to go with the visa application. Ich hoffe daß Sie können deutsch sprechen, oder Sie werden nicht die Kunde verstehen!
5 :
Unless you are highly qualified in a highly demanded field you will not be able to work in a grocery store since jobs as such will be reserved for Citizens and and then European Union members before going to you. So you cannot get a visa for a store clerk.
6 :
Yes you need a work visa. Few places accept immigrants to work at a minimum wage job. Germany certainly will not as there are too many unemployed Germans and legal residents there already. Germany is very tough to immigrate to now. I know a US citizen with a masters in computer science who was offered a job in Berlin and was turned down.